How can Mormons drink Diet Coke but not coffee?
I thought it was a strictly no caffeine deal?
Emily tells me otherwise.
These are things I think about right around 2:38pm on a Tuesday.
- grufainia answered: The actual Mormon scripture just says”hot drinks.”But was later specified to “coffee and tea” And it’s a covenant as opposed to a commandment
- ahappyernie likes this
- janambm answered: At my last job, my Mormon coworkers drank hot chocolate all the time. Hot cocoa has caffeine, right? I mean, not much, but still.
- colormecozy likes this
- marshmellow22 answered: I think the magic underwear is a bigger deal.
- gatorgirlinthebay likes this
- mar-see-ah answered: yeah, it was totally nothing except water and lemonade until the early 80s when the Church made a big investment in Coke. Srsly.
- mcbonerville answered: It is supposed to be no caffeine or anything addictive. My Mormon family was big on caffeine free root beers, so not Barq’s.
- bloggingforwineandcheese likes this
- a-newclassic answered: lol they aren’t supposed to have “hot beverages”
- messily answered: My Mormon friends growing up weren’t allowed any soda, caffeine or not - but that was NM, not Utah.
- tinsely posted this